Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Trinity Financial Mission

Eating (and drinking) in Japan

If someone came to Kobe, I would suggest that, first, is passed through Chinatown. It's small, but cozy, and when the mixture of food odors for a Western novel makes an excuse for the cardinal sin of gluttony. A cop me a bit far from home, the truth, because this near Sannomiya, but when I can I escape to enjoy a meal that I have no idea of \u200b\u200bhis name, but clearly I have something that will be sorely least when it comes to Spain. Although I do not dare to try things too that at first glance do not know what they are. It is possible, I know, fantastic things I miss. But waiting for a friend who recommended me or at least describe me what is, after the experience with "pancakes" of Kyoto almost prefer to stay with the win.

Overall, eating here is fun. Or rather, do the shopping. Not because you have dependents hilarious jokes (which, on the other hand, I do not understand), but that is one aspect in which I see more differences. This is normal, because I remember when Tara and her family were in Spain looking for common foods in Canada, but to us it sounded English to Chinese. I mean, within the customs, each country has its flavors.

Many of you know the passion I have for the municipal markets, food markets, where the scent leads you into unexpected territories. So, when on my last visit I found out that Kyoto is known for its fine cuisine, and there is a market town which is said to be "the kitchen of Kyoto", which I headed there for rest of temples and buses saturated For if the hearing had enjoyed the parks and pagodas, it is fair that the other senses, brethren, have their share of the party on this trip. Appeared, therefore, market, and almost went crazy. Because the striking developments may appear in each corner, and everyday life is one of the main corners of the human being. I can not describe the huge amount of food we had there, and not got to know what they were. Vegetables, animals, fruits, pickles ... and other things I could mention doing something similar with what I know, like "pate" or "stiff", but it is quite possible that neither are nor shall it appear. Suffice it to include two pictures of the market here for you to know what I mean. These are relatively easy to guess, but is that not all posts could shoot well because they were full or because the owner coolie face looked angry.


is very common here in the markets to buy food ready to go. In general, and second I have understood it more expensive to cook their meals in restaurants, which does not mean that Japanese do not like eating at home. Since working like crazy (I've already talked about it, I know), I do not have time to cook when they come home. For me it is very convenient, because many times I go to the supermarket next door and grab freshly made food trays (and I know this because I recently made the guys who are doing ahead of me). This applies, for example, the sushi, which is much cheaper here than in Spain, in addition to rather more palatable. Not to mention the varieties which are unthinkable in house, such as tuna belly (or so I believe), eel (incredibly delicious), octopus (octopus, so good, mmmm) or escalope of pork with barbecue sauce ( and I swear I'm serious). Arguably, therefore I am "ensushiando" enough, so when I get home I'll have to "limphiar", although my girlfriend is willing to do most of my sushi. But I loved it. There are days here just like sushi and so pancho, i get cheaper than a menu of the day in Spain. Someday, anyway, I want to try the restaurants, which I understand will be better than the supermarkets. But at the moment is that I do not feel too comfortable with the language to get into a character and answer any questions that I probably will do. Anyway, I will go see.

And what I love pastry is window shop. Because here what is almost more developed that technology is the candy market. In a supermarket could get dizzy with the variety of chocolates and assorted chocolates. And, as I say, in shop windows pastries look like works of art. The way of buying is very simple, because you take a tray to get it filled with rolls that you like, for which you get with tweezers very handy little tray, and then you pay like a gentleman. Not always as muffins, but I say that (d) watch something worthwhile. On the other hand, this control cholesterol'm having something wrong, because when I buy something in the market is not where I have to look in the box for "nutritional information" fat content. So, I repeat, I swelled with Sushi, which I understand has no cholesterol.

For drinks, here the Green tea is the national, to the extent that they call "Japanese tea" and in the restaurant of the university is free, like water. There are some drums (such as cold water available in some stores) filled with warm green tea, which I'm used to it. Neither are bad aloe vera juice with bits of flesh of white grape, black grape juice, black sesame drink Fanta or melon. Before you ask, that you know, you tell that I have not tried the sake. But I have to point out that sake is not a particular drink, but sake means "alcohol" and that therefore there sake rice and a thousand other things.

And with so much talk me into hunger. I'll see what I zampo. I think it will fall thick noodles (Udon) with curry or something.

Goodnight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment