Saturday, November 12, 2005

Change British Driving Licence French

Minatogawa

This morning, I cool, I caught a subway and I went to tour the world, or at least to visit Kobe, where you see that there is a city of over a million people and is twinned Barcelona. I just knew Sannomiya, which is something like the Gran Via in Madrid, but today I approached the harbor area (Kobe is the sixth largest cargo port in the world, apparently), called very originally Harborland (in English, "Puertolandia"), but they say "har-bar-ra-n-do." It's a little weird because they, to use a word in another language, if they need to put it in Japanese (for example in the metro of the same name, do not miss people who do not know the Western alphabet) used katakana (a type of alphabet that I speak for some time), but they are so cool that if a syllable does not exist in their alphabet they adapt to yours instead of adapt them to the new syllable they use. As an example, the syllable "land" to write it, seek the closest thing they have, in this case it would sound something like "ra-n-do" to katakana so write accordingly. So to reach the port by metro you have to know English, know how to pronounce the word, known in Japanese syllabic sounds, find those sounds in a katakana table to see how to write, write yourself a large sheet of paper all followed and then look at the drawings more similar.

Luckily there is the universal language of gestures. Do not wish to know how I managed to explain "port." Total

, then arrive at a mall like any other. I've seen a

English Court (which here, obviously, otherwise called), some Christmas trees, a Snoopy gift shops, a slot machine room and not something more worthy of memory. Kobe tower was a bit withdrawn, so I'll go another day and I'll tell you. However, as a curious note, I saw a building with a huge logo romanji characters (ie, western) that said "Kiss FM".

Take that.

Nonsense aside, I will speak now most amazing experience today: Minatogawa visit, my first Japanese shrine. A Shinto shrine is typical (a polytheistic religion) and many in Japan, as well as temples (which belong to the Buddhists).

The gateway to the campus, really, is not particularly spectacular, quite apart from the emotion of seeing, at last, a monument to those who think typically East (so far all I saw was very urban). There was a stiff as a post guard at the entrance, so I waited a bit to see if people entering the street, or if, conversely, was prohibited and would arrest me in Japanese and ended as the protagonist of " Express Midnight.

It must have been the opening hour, as I had few people and several men and women (dressed in what I would call "kimono" but probably not) swept the floor. The complex is large and contains several buildings undoubtedly sensitive to different deities. It's like a park, or rather is a park where you suddenly find sites for ... I'm not sure that the right word is "praying". I have doubts whether "pray" is unique to the Christian religion, and maybe when the faithful of other religions join hands to communicate with the gods is called otherwise. I know. On the other hand, I do not care much now.

Not go into all the "temples" (I find no better word to define each of these buildings to the people is moving for me that I know) because it gives me some respect, and given that not what they mean Kanji afraid that I have forbidden to look, or even ask that sweep. Who knows if they are a sort of priests or guardians or who knows what they vote for Silence and if you ask them take out a katana and become the harakiri (also called "seppuku")? Among those whom I have not had one come topped with arches (I think called "torii", although maybe not) red fox statues on either side, and watched. I remember I read something sacred foxes, characteristic of a god but can not remember which. After all, if the Japanese do not know their own religion (and I can vouch for that), I, I've been here just five days, I have it harder.

The central path of the enclosure comes in a straight line from the front door, the largest all the "temples" (the Buddha forgive me), which must be the most important. Again I doubt if approached or not. I decide to climb the stairs there is to see what's there. The aesthetic pleasure and curiosity mixed with concern to think that anytime someone calls your attention. But the Castilian proverb, that is very wise (Sancho Panza fecit), reminds us that "in Rome do as the Romans do", and so, noting that so did others, I approached, I looked, I smelled it, I've played, I listened, and, above all, I felt.

I always thought that, of all religions I know, Christianity is the most sad. No I mean that is better or worse, but his whole doctina is based on something sad as it is the guilt, suffering, repentance, a son of god who bleeds his hands nailed to a cross and spear wounds on the side, burned holy grill or beheaded in his early childhood ... Buddha, however, is a fat man and happy. In no other religion that I know, religion is a vale of tears but in any case, a transit stage before reaching a different state that We are hoping for.

However, 6800 km from everything I know has been given so far, I'm not comfortable to watch as the birds sit on the statues of lions that do not threaten but say they protect and bring good luck, and your ancestors watching you from wherever they are to bless without thinking of bulls or obligations or in sentences of your soul. They know that we have enough to assume that some day we'll go from here light luggage.

And suddenly sounds a bit strange. It's like a bell, a large shearing. Seeking it came from and I was stunned, because it causes people who come to the temple. It must be a way to call the gods, a way to show them that we are here before you with a petition or thank him for anything. In the photo as you can see it better. It is close, throw a few coins, playing the clapper (is very poetic, but can not think of a better term) and join hands as you close your eyes. The ritual ends (lasting only 40 seconds) taking two or three claps. It's amazing. I hesitated about doing or not doing photos, and after five minutes looking in my conversation guide the appropriate phrase, I got to tell me that there is no problem, that field open to shoot. Anyway, and a question of respect, I did not take pictures or a room inside the "temple" (which is looking at clapper girl strip), much less shoot me. Who knows if the god of the rice crop October righteous lightning throws me and I transformed into swordfish.


I can imagine that there are a thousand other things I have not understood. This is the case of the symbolism of animals (bulls, deer, lions ...), or that these tablets were at the entrance of another "temple." I tend to think they can be as promises or special requests. I promise to inform and, where possible, share it with you. There were also stalls around the park where they sell amulets and gifts (but not type souvenirs, but religious gifts) and candy for children. I have not seen a single person or sad remorseful. People come to the park to meet his gods and ancestors to act relaxed, quiet and I would say until satisfied. The satisfaction that comes from knowing that there is no need to worry, there's someone who protects us and he does it because it has always done, and from birth, that this person is not someone far away, distant, omnipresent, but our own ancestors, watching us, rogues, with the morbid curiosity of a child who knows the world is just a game.


0 comments:

Post a Comment