Thursday, December 8, 2005

Kates Playground Hardocre

premiere

Yes. Day 4 was the premiere. The boys were nerviosísimos. This is not surprising, because they had tested nearly six months, of which the latter had been at a rate of twelve hours a day, seven days a week. And only one function: that of the day 4. It is not that they have not agreed any other date, no. Is that from the beginning knew that this was a work for a function. Manda noses work capacity of these types. What champions. And what also masochist, why deny it.

The performance was in the Kobe Art Village Center, a professional theater very very cool of Kobe. It was a college theater festival (specifically, from the university), so that students from each department to a work. It represented, therefore, four works: a piece of China, a Russian work (Uncle Vanya, Chekhov), an English and ours. I had no chance to see the other works, so do not ask me. What I do know is that all groups threw the same number of hours. And it's not an understatement.

was a success. I said that some were nervous as custard, but let me tell you a special cas. I think you will remember the Surgeon (I only kept their names, I addressed them by the name of the character, something they appreciated because they said it helped them get into character), who was this boy who was only ten sentences most, and that every day I asked a thousand different things because "I was not sure if I could give the character with all the drama that certainly has given Cervantes when he wrote it." An hour before he was about to mourn because it was the first time I was doing theater, and was afraid because their parents went to see him do something very different from what they normally do (for which I'm glad, because the character is pulled by the hair and dragged on the floor and then yelled at a judge disrespected) and did not know what they would think, and he hated the theater, you never Pillari another like that. Consoled him, told him I envied him for being his first time, that is the best, or so they say. I spoke of what he felt was normal. I told him a minute before going on stage would believe that he forgot the text. I commented that it was very likely have to pee. But, still, to calm down. Who cared just enjoy and get us enjoy the other, both within a few English who were like the Japanese, as they had done a great subtitle for the Japanese public would understand everything. Well. So when the surgeon went public ate. A silly role as himself, and the boy handed it pipe, made the silly (within set) and started the laughter and applause of the audience. At the end of the work had an unforgettable smile, the kind that are worth a mine potosisca, Cervantes dixit.

(At night we went to celebrate, where I learned that the Japanese generally do not know how to drink. Go chives it took a few. The surgeon, in the restaurant, half went to a table and shouted for everyone to next year give the title role. Angelito.)

For my part, I enjoyed as a dwarf down with Sam to the public. And enjoyed it because I saw them (with Cristina, who helped me know what dishes were in the restaurant and Koji, who from day one made for helping within the group dynamic, the soldier, who when he sees me through the halls hugs me and asks me not to go to Japan because he says I'm the best teacher I ever had, Saya, which is not understand a word when I arrived and now has one of the best predictions of the work, to the point where it took second prize in the category of actresses from all over the festival, and so up to twenty people on stage) then enjoy the huge effort they have made (I do not tire of repeating). But I enjoyed even more, if possible, when I turned and saw how the Japanese public, in full, and burst out laughing amused with some interludes written by a man who died nearly 400 years ago, and I had a bit of guilt all.

"How nice," I thought, "this is really doing a good tribute to Cervantes in Don Quixote this year. And the rest is nonsense."

0 comments:

Post a Comment